Virtual Platform Systems Administrator
Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to deliver solutions in a timely manner
- Good communication and troubleshooting skills with a collaborative attitude to knowledge sharing
- Ability to work with global teams
- Ability to perform formal root cause analysis for HPE compute hardware, 3PAR arrays and VMWare suite of products.
- Troubleshoot major VMWare OS issues and provide explanation to team members, clients, and management as well as present where necessary.
- Project management skills for dealing with high visibility projects such as IaaS and CaaS.
- Ability to collect and analyze virtual platform capacity and customer demands.
- Detailed administration knowledge of HPE server hardware, BIOS, firmware and drivers along with Flex10/Virtual connect technology covering C7000, Proliant and Synergy families of products.
- Thorough understanding of all versions of VMware vSphere Operating Systems and tools such as VCOPS, VROPS, VCAC etc.
- PowerShell scripting knowledge to proficient level.
- Good Excel and Powerpoint skills with the ability to document complex technical concepts.
- Understanding of HP Blade hardware and Flex 10 modules
- Networking knowledge
- HPE 3PAR SAN including an understanding of Fabric infrastructure and basic understanding of NAS based Storage systems.
- HP Cloud Service Automation knowledge would be advantageous along with working knowledge of Azure and Container based services such as Kubernetes.
Troubleshooting, PowerShell, VMware
Are you a qualified VMWare Engineer with a proven track record? Are you able to solve complex issues under pressure and thrive? Are you prepared to challenge the status quo to achieve improvements?
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced senior level Systems Administrator in the Virtual Platform team.
The candidate for the role will be responsible for the day-to-day support of a large scale global Virtual infrastructure based on VMWare vSphere operating system and HP Cloud Service Automation technology, On/Off Prem Azure as well as container as a service infrastructure based on Kubernetes. This exciting and diverse role also covers project related tasks.
Projects include vSphere upgrades, rollout, data center exit, virtual estate management covering the above tehnologies including commission, migration and support of AKS/PKS and Azure Cloud simple architectures. The candidate will deal with support groups in both offshore and onshore locations in troubleshooting production problems and with the businesses to gather business requirements and schedule and implement changes.
- Support the Service & Product Managers across the virtual technical domains
- Ensure workflows, processes, tooling and applications are of the highest quality standard
- Contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services and improve where necessary
- Define workarounds for known errors, apply fixes and initiate process improvements for reactive and proactive resolution of critical incidents.
You'll be joining the global VISM team in Krakow covering the UK hours via the follow the sun model. We have a team of five highly experienced and qualified engineers working on cutting edge technologies.